Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tuna Spring roll..

We all love spring rolls at home and when I saw a packet of spring roll wraps I had the idea of making some spring rolls from Tuna as I had some tuna in stock already at home. Only, the ones I made had fillings similar to the puffs I usually made at home. In short, I had wrapped out the spring rolls in an Indian look and taste.



I opened a can of Tuna in water and strained the water away and put it aside first. Fresh fish always tastes better. You could also use chicken or any other meat.

Ingredients : 

1: Tuna: 1 can

2: Onion : 1/2 an onion diced

3: Tomato : 1

4: Potato: 1 large peeled and cut or mashed
   ( microwaved inside a grocery bag is fine )

5: Bell pepper (optional): 1/2 diced

6: Garam Masala powder: 1 Tsp

7: Cumin powder: 1/4 tsp

8: Chilly powder: 1 Tsp

9: Salt : to taste          

10: Oil: 2 tbsp

11: Cilantro : a few sprigs cut

You do need enough oil later to deep fry the rolls.


I first poured the oil into a heated pan and added the onion and fried it a bit, then added the bell pepper, tomato and the mashed potato, and later the tuna. Stirred all these around a bit and added the garam masala, the chilly powder, and cumin powder. I then cooked all these ingredients well and added then added the salt and cilantro and turned off the heat and let the filling cool down a bit.



Meanwhile, I had let the wrap stay out of the freezer for a few minutes so that it would be easy to peel each away as needed.                        

Peel away each wrap and take a small scoop of the filling and place a few inches away from any corner. Wrap that corner over the filling and the wrap in the sides and fold them around the filling, slowly rolling the wrap around and making it a perfect roll. As you near the farther end of the last corner to be rolled, moisten your fingers with a little water and touch the tip, the corner and seal the wrap in well. Make as many spring rolls as needed and then when you are ready to deep fry them do so and enjoy. You can store the rolls in the fridge or freezer and use as needed too.


This is the pic of the wraps in my first attempt, do bear with me..I assure you I have become an expert in rolling them perfectly well now..will post a pic of the perfect ones later..  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are very welcome to add your feedback to my page...